Friday, February 12, 2021

My First Dice Tower

 

For years I have heard about dice towers and how amazing they are. A lot of the praise comes from how they supposedly make dice rolls more random. If they do, then I doubt it is by much. If they don't, then they are great just to have.

So, after searching around for awhile I found this one, which is depicted above. It is high quality but smaller then I thought.


As chance would have it, I would get to test it out right away as I had an upcoming Dungeons and Dragons 5e game to play in. After about five hours of play using it here and my thoughts on dice towers in general:

  • It can mix up the dice rolling aspect
  • Is a good way to control the dice so they do not go flying all over the table. I think this is especially important when the group is at a small stable or it is a large group. Plus, I do not like people touching my dice
  • It is satisfying to hear the click clack
  • Rolling multiple dice at once can cause them to bounce off of each other in the "settling" area. This can be good if it was a bad roll or bad if it was a good roll. It knocked me out of a few good rolls

All in all, I really enjoyed using it and I am glad I finally got it. The dice tower will make an appearance in a lot of games I am sure. Though, to be honest, towards the end of the night I missed the act of rolling so I started to roll by hand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment