Wednesday, March 17, 2021

HAWT: Something Wicked This Way Comes

I have worked on many projects throughout my time as a gamer. Most of them have been various home brew projects but over the last ten years I have been listed as a play tester in numerous publications, been mentioned as a special consultant in others, I have done a decent amount of freelance work, and even published games under my own gaming company. Each project I have worked on I have been passionate about. 

Though, about six months ago I was working on another project but inspiration hit me from reading an old forum post. This project, Have Axe, Will Travel is probably the most excited I have been about a gaming project I have ever been.

Have Axe, Will Travel is a rules light fantasy game that has an implied setting through the art, magic, and various writings. It uses a 2d6 system for its core resolution because there is something about the primal simplicity of a couple of d6s. 

It will include the following:

  • Free Form Character Creation
  • Advantage/Disadvantage 
  • Elemental Magic
  • Inventory System
  • Equipment Lists
  • Bestiary
  • Discourses on Gaming Theory 
  • 9+ Art Pieces
 There are more updates and sneak peaks to come. Stay tuned!

 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. This project is really coming together and I am extremely excited about it.

      Delete
  2. Is this a game of yours? (That seemed to be the stance.) Or is this something by someone else that you're excited to co-produce or playtest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a game of mine. The inspiration for it happened when I researching gaming history.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I plan to bring it with all of the Thunder I can muster.

      Delete
  4. Sounds pretty cool. When do we get a sneak peak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping soon. Things have been moving along. I have ton a lot of writing, got art coming in, and have found an editor and someone for layout.

      Delete