Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Sharpie S Gel Pen

It is well known that I have a minor addiction to office supplies and I am a pen snob. I have been using almost exclusively the Pilot G-2 in 05. This is a great and smooth  pen but it inky and smears easily. I did not even know this pen existed until my wife showed me video on TikTok where the user had some serious hype over this pen and the users enthusiasm was contagious. The original hype originally came from Twitter:

That is smooth as f@#$! If you do not know who Kristi Yamaguchi is, I would suggest to go look her up on youtube. What did I do after I learned about this pen? I got dressed, put on my mask, and went to my friendly local Staples store and picked up a four pack in 05 that included two black, one red, and one blue. 

After I got home. I grabbed same paper - removed the wax ball on the point and wrote, scribbled, and doodled. I was instantly impressed and it did not smear! Though, before I passed final judgement I took the pens to work where I do a lot of writing. I have to say, it passed.

The Sharpie S Pen is comfortable to grip, seems to be constructed in a sturdy fashion, has a good clip, writes smooth, and has a hair of resistance so you know you are writing which is a very enjoyable feeling. I have not experienced the 07 or thew 1.0 sizes of this pen as I tend to like the 05 thickness and that is the size I stay with.

It breaks my heart to say this, but I think I found a replacement for my beloved Pilot G2 pens. As a player and GM, a good pen is a MUST!!!


You can find it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment