Monday, July 3, 2023

State of the Blog

 

Well, here I am writing a "state of the blog" post which is something I thought I would never do. My attitude on this matter was twofold. The first being content will come out when it comes out and that is that. The second one being I did not believe (foolish I know) that there would be a lull in momentum or inspiration. I was wrong on the latter as it has been what? 11 long months since my last post.

In that time and then some; I have graduated college, dealt with various life changes, a new job, a resurgence of my depression, almost two adoptions, and various other situations or happenings. 

I think one of the biggest factors of the lack of writing has been that I have not gamed, read any games, or even been active in the various communities for about six months. This has been due to scheduling issues and a few other things I am involved with that required a lot of my attention and energy.

With that being said, the good news is that over the last few weeks I have found some gaming inspiration again (if I am being real, an old friend who is not a gamer was sincerely interested in my works and talked about being proud of me was a big part of it. That and playing Diablo 4) and I have been active in some of the communities as well as talking about gaming with some friends. Plus, I also got some new material to go through and I have to say, some of my most recent quest rewards have caught my eye and been very inspirational. 

I am not going to promise some crazy posting schedule or if it will even be consistent but have no fear, I plan to post more often (at least more then once every 11 months) and we will see where it goes from there. I do miss writing and I started this blog for one simple reason...

"For the Love of the Game"

I still love the game. 

I will catch everyone on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment